Around the world, men and women work tirelessly to translate and distribute LHF’s books for their people. Many of these face persecution and hardship for doing this work. They request your support through prayers on their behalf.
We ask that you pray…
- For Bishop Peter Anibati Alba and pastors of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in South Sudan/Sudan, as they minister in refugee camps where the people are in desperate need of food, medicines, clothing, shelter, and the Word of God.
- For Rev. Mohamed Gurhan, LHF translator in Somalia, whose home has recently flooded and since been the target of a robbery and other attempts to remove him from the city.
- For the Lutheran Heritage Foundation, which celebrates its 25th anniversary on November 10, 2017, that the Holy Spirit may continue to work powerfully to work saving faith in the hearts of people receiving LHF-translated books.
- For Lutheran churches and missionaries in Germany, Denmark, Finland and other European countries, where they are sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with Muslim immigrants and refugees from Iran, Afghanistan and Syria using the Arabic and Farsi Small Catechisms.
- For our Lutheran brothers and sisters in Papua New Guinea, that God would bring resolution to conflicts and peace among His people.
- For French-speaking seminarians in Haiti and in Togo, who recently received several volumes of French-language theological books from LHF, that they may grow into even stronger defenders of the Faith as they shepherd their people.