Around the world, men and women work tirelessly to translate and distribute LHF’s books for their people. Many of these face persecution and hardship for doing this work. They request your support through prayers on their behalf.
We ask that you pray…
- For the Disciples of the Way Ministries in Dallas, Texas, as they share the Gospel with Muslim immigrants in their community at a mother/child Christmas celebration. As each family is presented with their own copy of LHF’s Arabic edition of A Child’s Garden of Bible Stories, pray that the Holy Spirit would bring them saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- For LHF translator in Somalia, Mohamed Gurhan, as he recovers from a brutal physical attack by two Muslim mullahs (teachers), that God’s healing hand would protect and care for him as he continues to spread the Gospel despite the persecution.
- For the Ukrainian Lutheran Church congregation in Kiev, whose property is being infringed upon by a neighboring developer who has now illegally cut the water line (leaving the church out of building codes). Despite repeated pleas for help, the local police department has declined to become involved. Pray that the Ukrainian government will intercede and restore property rights to this congregation, pastored by LHF translator and bishop of the Ukrainian Lutheran Church, Rev. Slavik Horpynchuk.
- For the persecuted Christians in Burmese refuguee camps on the Thailand border who are receiving copies of A Child’s Garden of Bible Stories and Luther’s Small Catechism in Burmese from the Thailand Lutheran Church. May the Lord protect the believers in Myanmar (Burma) and bring an end to their persecution.
- For persecuted Christian refugees from Burma now living in camps on the border with Thailand, who are receiving LHF’s Burmese translations of A Child’s Garden of Bible Stories and Luther’s Small Catechism from Thailand’s Concordia Lutheran Church. May the Lord protect all believers in Myanmar (Burma) and bring an end to their persecution.
- For LHF Executive Director, Rev. Matthew Heise, that he may faithfully lead the mission in translating and publishing the books of the faith for people around the world.