Around the world, men and women work tirelessly to translate and distribute LHF’s books for their people. Many of these face persecution and hardship for doing this work. They request your support through prayers on their behalf.
We ask that you pray…
- for the Lutheran church in Burkina Faso, where the ongoing terrorist war threatens Christians, pastors, and their places of worship, that the Holy Spirit may use LHF books to share the saving promise from the Gospel with those there who desperately need to hear it.
- for Spanish-speaking people around the world, who now have the Lutheran Hymnal in their own language to support their worship.
- for the rejoicing faithful in Finland, where the trial against Bishop Johana Pohjola and parliamentarian Päivi Räsänen for hate speech in an LHF booklet sharing the Biblical teachings about gender resulted in their being ruled not guilty. As they face the appeal trial, instead of feeling fear, may they continue to feel the joy that comes only from sharing the Gospel in the public eye.
- for Turkey, where local believers have to keep their faith a deep secret to avoid persecution, that they stay committed to their faith and trust in the Lord.
- for LHF Executive Director, Rev. Matthew Heise, that he may faithfully lead the mission in translating and publishing the books of the faith for people around the world.